• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • Facilitations for family members of the UE/EAA citizens besed on transposed Directive 2004/38/EC into national law


    IMPORTANT: The Rules below apply only to those family members, who accompany or join to the EU/EEA citizens, who move to or reside in a Member State other than of which they are nationals.


    The following persons are defined as family members of the EU/EEA citizen:

    - the spouse of EU/EEA citizen,

    - the direct descendants of EU/EEA citizen or spouse who are under the age of 21 or are dependant living in the common household of the EU citizen,

    - the dependant direct relatives in the ascending line of EU/EEA citizen or spouse living in the common household of the EU citizen.

    An applicant must present documents proving that he/she is a beneficiary of the aforemensioned definition. If a person fails to provide such evidence must apply for visa under the rules of the Visa Code, see general requirements for Schengen visa.


    The list of required visa documents:

    1. Completed and registered Schengen visa application form.

    2. Two biometric photographs.

    3. Passport/Travel document valid for at least 3 months after returning from Schengen area, passport must have at least two empty pages for visas and must not be older than 10 years.

    4. Passport of your EU spouse for verification purpose only.

    5. Original of marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of dependency (if issued by third country shall be legalized and translated into English or Polish). 

    6. Proof of traveling together with the EU citizen or joining the EU citizen in Poland.

    7. Visa fee - free of charge.

    NOTE: Stays in Poland for more than three months require registration at Local Governor’s Office (Urzad Wojewodzki).



    Please note that the Polish Family Code of 1964 does not recognize same sex  marriages and partners. Consequently, same sex marriages and partners are not treated as family members for the purpose of entering Poland. They are required to apply for an entry visa before travelling to Poland as they are not covered by Directive 2004/38/EC.


    Legal basis: Ustawa z dnia 14 lipca 2006 r. o wjeździe na terytorium Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej, pobycie oraz wyjeździe z tego terytorium obywateli państw członkowskich Unii Europejskiej i członków ich rodzin (Dz. U. z dnia 11 sierpnia 2006 r. poz. 1525) implementig Directive 2004/38/EC.

    Print Print Share: