Embassy News & Events The Consulate The Embassy Bilateral Cooperation
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Poland in Washington DC is competent to process visa applications from those who are residents of Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, American Virgin Islands, Commonwealth of The Bahamas, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Please note that the Polish Consular Office is competent to process visa application only if Poland is your sole destination, or if your trip plan includes more destinations and you stay in Poland most of the time, or if no main destination can be determined Poland is the first port of entry to the Schengen zone.
Front desk opening hours, except the Polish and the U.S. National Holidays:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Visa Inquiries e-mail email@example.com
HOW TO START
- FIRST read visa requirements below and gather all necessary documents, the application will not be processed if the applicant fails to comply with requirements.
- SECOND choose a proper visa type (short term Schengen, long term National) schedule an appointment through the website https://secure.e-konsulat.gov.pl/ and complete an application online, then print it out and sign, two signatures are required box #37 and at the very end below statements.
- THIRD submit in person a hard copy of your application along with other required documents (see details below) to the Consular Division of the Polish Embassy in Washington DC on the day of your appointment.
REMEMBER the visa application (hard copy) MUST be submited in person to the Consular Office. The visa processing time is up to 15 days but in some cases it may be extended. It is applicant's responsibility to take all necessary measures to submit visa documents on time.
GENERAL VISA REQUIREMENTS (for more specific requirements please scroll down)
1. VISA APPLICATION FORM, choose Schengen Visa for short stay in Poland for up to 90 days (business, tourist, visit) or National Visa for long stay in Poland from 91 days for up to 365 days (study, work):
Each applicant shall submit ELECTRONICALLY REGISTERED, COMPLETED, DATED and SIGNED application go to Visa Registration.
IF THERE ARE TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE SYSTEM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that COPY and PASTE function durring completing online visa form is NOT ALLOWED! Incorrect entries are marked in RED.
Persons included in the applicant's travel document shall submit a separate application form. Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship along with confirming documents e.g. birth certificate, parents ID's, court's judgement and please also note that parent's letter of consent for travelling abroad is required.
2. PASSPORT/Travel Document satisfying the following criteria:
-its validity shall extend at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States;
-it shall contain at least 2 blank pages;
-it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years.
3. PROOF OF LEGAL RESIDENCE in the USA and valid re-entry document:
-original document of the US Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) or notarized copy,
-or valid US resident visa type A, E, F (with endorsed I-20), G, H, I, J plus J1 documents, L, O, R; Tourists and visitors with US visa type B1/B2 and J1 Summer Work Travel visas must apply in their country of residence.
The US residence permit or visa should be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of Poland or other Member States (Schengen).
two passport size biometric photographs (photo requirements);
5. VISA FEE is $65 (see exceptions):
forms of payment accepted: cash, money order or cashier's check issued to "The Embassy of Poland". Personal checks are not accepted. Please also note, that visa fee is not refundable;
6. TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE
The document/letter from the health insurance company stating coverage with a minimum of 30.000 EURO (ca. $50.000) for trips outside the U.S. valid for Poland and other Schengen Countries, copy of healthcare card is not sufficient.
If you do not have insurance or your insurance company cannot provide such specific letter, you must purchase insurance for the entire duration of your trip and present a proof of purchase with zero deductible;
We recommend to extend the validity of your travel medical insurance policy for additional 14 days in case of any unexpected travel delays, and in that case the visa could also be extended and will give you more flexibility during your trip.
7. PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FINANCIAL MEANS e.g.
-last 3 bank account statements with name and address of owner(s),
-or proof of regular income e.g. pay slips of last 3 months,
-or student loan agreement;
A minimum of $35 per day is required to cover travel expences while in Poland.
8. DRIVER LICENSE
or UTILITY BILLS with applicant`s name as a proof of residence in our consular region.
9. SHIPPING BACK YOUR PASSPORT - if you cannot pick up your document at the Consulate, please provide prepaid and addressed envelope for FedEx or UPS courier service.
THE LISTS OF SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS according to the purpose of a trip to Poland click on text
NOTICE: Please apply for visa with the appropriate Polish Consulate in accordance with consular territorial jurisdiction.SEE MORE