News Foreign policy Ministry Travel to Poland
22 November 2013
This decision may lead to its indefinite suspension and to irreversible losses in the process of modernisation, reform and democratisation that Ukraine needs so much today. There is a risk of losing what has been achieved as a result of long and difficult preparations to sign the Association Agreement.
We remind that the final decision on whether to sign the Association Agreement with the EU will be taken by Ukraine’s Security Council and president.
The Ukrainian authorities bear the exclusive responsibility for this decision. Poland and the European Union were prepared to make a far-reaching compromise.
Poland will still support fostering good neighbourly relations with Ukraine and strengthening pro-European attitudes in the Ukrainian society.
MFA Press SpokespersonSee more
- “Western determination to support Ukraine has never been so strong,” Minister Radosław Sikorski told French daily L’Opinion on 6 March 2014
- Sikorski does not rule out sanctions against Russia on Thursday’s EU summit, PAP dispatch of 5 March 2014
- Minister Sikorski attends meeting on Ukraine crisis in Paris
- Ambassador of the Russian Federation called to the MFA
- Polish-Czech talks on EU economic competiveness