News Foreign policy Ministry Travel to Poland
24 April 2015
The entry was refused due to the lack of required precise information about the schedule of the group’s stay in Poland, its exact routes through the country, and accommodation of club members. The data were necessary to ensure the safety of people taking part in the tour, and the appropriate organization of the event.
In addition, the Russian side’s notes about the ride came in too late at the Polish MFA, i.e. less than a week prior to the planned beginning of the tour. Poland agreed to requests for all the other events staged by the Russian side to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of World War Two – the Re-enactment Group Rally, the Veterans’ Rally, and the rally of bikers organized as part of the Kaliningrad Oblast’s delegation to Braniewo.
MFA SpokesmanSee more
- MFA statement on remarks by Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson
- Foreign minister to go to the Vatican to discuss details of WYD in Poland, PAP dispatch of 27 February 2016
- Brazil’s Vice President visits Polish MFA
- MFA announcement following Tunisia attack
- Polish Parliament: Poland’s Foreign Ministry intervened 151 times in 2014 to correct historical misrepresentations, PAP, 14 May 2015