News Foreign policy Ministry Travel to Poland
Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mrs Joanna Wronecka visited Prague on 6th April, where she participated in a meeting of deputy foreign ministers of the V4 countries. The talks concerned primarily participation in the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Stability and Addressing Root Causes of Irregular Migration and Displaced Persons in Africa. The participants of the meeting signed a Memorandum on cooperation in the framework of the Fund.
The Fund constitutes one of the key elements of the European Commission's migration package in the framework of european migration crisis prevention plan. It covers 23 african countries affected by the problem of internal displacement and migration or located on the migration routes. The V4 countries have jointly allocated 3.04 mln euro to the Fund, with the contribution of Poland reaching 1.1 mln euro.
“The idea to set up an emergency trust fund for Africa echoes Poland’s demands to place more emphasis on addressing the root causes of illegal migration and to develop a long-term strategy regarding this phenomenon. Together with our V4 partners we have decided to pool our contributions in order to more effectively influence the way the European Commission manages the Fund’s resources,” stressed Deputy Minister Joanna Wronecka.
On the margins of the meeting, the partners also discussed the World Humanitarian Summit planned to take place in Istanbul in the second half of May.See more
- Deputy Minister Joanna Wronecka’s travel to United Arab Emirates
- International Day of La Francophonie celebrations in Warsaw
- Cooperation agreement between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Polish Bank Association on co-operation for the internationalisation of Polish enterprises
- International Day of La Francophonie
- Deputy Minister Joanna Wronecka attends Poland-Egypt Economic Forum